TWO OWNERS- TWO ADDITIONS
The first addition to this home was a main floor extension which included an office/guest room with closet and 3/4 bath and a new rear entry/mudroom. At the same time, the kitchen was remodeled and the the cement asbestos siding was replaced with vinyl with wide trim and fish-scale shingle siding in the gables.
SECOND ADDITION A second floor addition including a master bedroom, and third bedroom both with walk-in closets was built over the previous den/guest room addition for the next owners, a family of four. It was very important to the owners that the addition fit the style of the house and look as if it had always been there.
This addition of only 120 square feet transformed our tiny non-functional kitchen into an open, light-filled kitchen with generous dining space, bay window for plants and a new rear entry with greatly improved access to the basement.
BEFORE- The poorly constructed rear 6 feet of this house was added when this 1908 house was moved to its present site in 1926. The small kitchen had doors on 3 walls, a window on the third and only one base cabinet.
DEN AND ENTRY
An unused and crumbling porch was replaced with a new entry and den featuring a gas fireplace surrounded by wall of cabinets and bookshelves built by the owner with French doors to the living room. The new basement underneath contains a 3/4 bath and guest bedroom with egress window.